Sunday, July 20, 2014

An Evening on Ice 2014

I made my annual trek to Los Angeles this weekend to visit a good friend and attend An Evening on Ice. Nick and Tricia Laroche always put on a great show, and this year there were some huge names in the cast.


We got to see a couple of short program debuts by Adam Rippon and Doug Razzano. I captured Adam's on video. I love the new jazzy look on him. It was very fun, playful, and high energy. The program was choreographed by Catarina Lindgren. Doug's music was a beautiful Spanish guitar piece that was used on Dancing With the Stars last season.


Jonathan Cassar and his swoon-worthy spread eagles are always a highlight of the show. He skated a soulful number to I Can't Make You Love You. Watch it here!

Two duos who were also highlights for me were Madison Chock/Evan Bates and Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford. Madi and Evan did their "Sorry Seems To Be the Hardest Word" program, and Meagan and Eric skated to "Say Something." I captured part of Meagan and Eric's program on video.


Richard Dornbush provided the comic relief with his toreador program. And young Tessa Hong showed why she has so many people talking about her already. Her "The Prayer" performance was mature beyond her years.

Check out all my photos from the show and the Meet and Greet here!