Friday, October 24, 2014

2014 Skate America - Friday Events


The short dance started off the night on a great note with all the teams skating well for the most part. The fight for the bronze medal will be intense with teams three through eight all closely bunched in the score column. My favorite program of the night was Madison Chock and Evan Bates' Don Quixote. They had great command of the ice, and I loved how Madi's skirt moved with the music. It was also lovely to see Fabian Bourzat at the boards with them :)


The men didn't fare as well. It was a messy night of skating, but Tatsuki Machida threw down a clean, lyrical short program that deservedly put him well ahead of the rest of the field. I thought Jeremy Abbott's Sam Smith program is one of the better ones with lyrics. He always rocks the footwork sequences, and the one in this program was no different. I'm not a fan of Jason Brown's music or the choreography of his short program, but he knows how to sell it like it's nobody's business.

You can find all my photos from the short dance and men's short program here: FRIDAY PHOTOS

I skipped the Friday practices to go downtown to watch the filming of Chicago Fire. It was so fun to see some of my favorite actors from the show filming outside the firehouse! I even got a photo with one of them, Edwin Hodge who plays Rick Newhouse on the show.


If you're a fan of the show, you can find the rest of my photos from the filming here: CHICAGO FIRE PHOTOS



2 comments:

  1. Agree respecting Fabian Bourzat! I didn't expect watching him and it was awesome, it's so obvious he's happy helping Schpilband and supporting Novi team.
    Have fun Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ingrid!! It really is great to see Fabian enjoying his new career!

      Delete