Saturday, February 2, 2019

2019 U.S. Nationals


Another Nationals in the books! This was my 19th, and the overall level of skating was the highest I've ever seen. My first Nationals was Boston in 2001, which was during the height of the Michelle Kwan era. After Michelle's retirement came the era of Meryl Davis and Charlie White's genius ability. Now we have transitioned into the Nathan Chen era, where we are being treated to a type of athletic talent that we have never witnessed before. It was an honor and a privilege to be in the building for his performances in Detroit.

There were so many awesome performances last week. The junior free dance is always one of my favorite events, and this year it presented an abundance of riches. The Greens brought beautiful precision, while Nguyen/Kolesnik brought explosive passion. In the championship free dance, McNamara/Carpenter captivated me with their quiet yet emotional performance, and Chock/Bates lit up the entire building with their infectious joy.


Here are all my photos and videos from the event!

Thursday Photos
Friday Photos
Saturday Photos
Sunday Photos

1 comment:

  1. I have to say Andrew Austin was one of the highlights for me! Less than a month to go til next year!

    ReplyDelete