Saturday, September 13, 2014

U.S. International Classic Day Two


Day Two was another day full of skating at all levels. I started off the morning at the Novice Pairs Free Skate, took a lunch break, and then returned to the arena for the Senior Short Dance, Senior Ladies Short Program, Senior Pairs Free Skate, and Senior Men Free Skate. If there are some ladies missing among my photos, it's because I can't handle a sandwich and a camera at the same time :)

Out of all the programs I saw today, the one that stuck with me the most was Polina Edmunds' short program. Her skating is so light; she floats over the ice with grace beyond her years. I thought this flamenco was a great look for her - it showed off the added maturity in her skating this season. Some might think her costume was too busy, but I liked it a lot. I'm a big fan of her quiet attack and resolve. She just continues to get the job done.

A few notes about the men's free skate - I really enjoyed Ross Miner's Andrea Bocelli program. It was a different type of program for him, and I think it suits him. Max Aaron's Gladiator program fell a little flat for me. I think maybe he just needs to put a little more emotional life into it. Someone who had no problem putting life into his program was Jordan Moeller. He definitely left every ounce of energy he had on the ice.

Here are the rest of my photos from Friday: PHOTOS

No comments:

Post a Comment