Saturday, March 3, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday - 3/4/12


Today is Six Sentence Sunday, where both published and non-published writers share six sentences from their work. I've posted an excerpt from my novel LIFE ON THE EDGE. Emily and Sergei are with a group at a nightclub in Tokyo, trying to keep up appearances.



“Your face is red,” he said.


I touched the glass to my flushed cheek. It cooled my face but not the heat I felt from Sergei’s appreciative stare.


“I’m just really hot,” I stammered.


Sergei’s smile widened, and he took a sip of his drink. “No comment.”




Thanks for stopping by! To read Six Sentence Sunday from other writers or to sign up, visit the Six Sunday site here.

4 comments:

  1. Terrific scene here! Short and to the point with a lot of heat. Well done Six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No comment," indeed! LOL. You captured this moment well. Darn if having it pointed out doesn't make the blushing twice as bad! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee, love that last line. Well done!

    ReplyDelete