Sunday, February 12, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday - 2/12/12

Today is Six Sentence Sunday, where both published and non-published writers share six sentences from their work. I'm sharing the opening six lines from my WIP, the sequel to LIFE ON THE EDGE. Working title is EDGE OF THE PAST.


Last practice before Grand Prix Final - no mistakes!


I repeated that over and over in my mind as Chris pulled me into our pairs spin, our blades tracing tight circles on the ice. We whirled around, and I caught a glimpse of Sergei, our coach and my fiance', keenly observing us. In two days I'd be visiting his home country of Russia and meeting his parents for the first time. All while trying to win one of the biggest competitions of the season. No sweat.


Thanks for stopping by! To read Six Sentence Sunday from other writers or to sign up, visit the Six Sunday site here.

6 comments:

  1. Love it! When will this book be done? I want to read it now! lol
    Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. while I'm not a huge skating fan, I love stories set outside the "usual" romance venues. this sounds GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great six, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, talk about pressure! I think *I'm* starting to sweat, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great opening! We know something will happen in Russia!

    ReplyDelete