Sunday, May 12, 2013

Music Monday

This week as I was listening to the radio in the car, I heard a couple of songs that made me think, "Whoa! Those lyrics go perfectly with my story!" My story being my work-in-process, FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE. The first song is "Heart Attack" by Demi Lovato. Listening to the lyrics, I could totally hear my character Aubrey singing them. The words describe Aubrey's view on love exactly, especially the first stanza:

Puttin my defenses up
Cause I don't wanna fall in love
If I ever did that
I think I'd have a heart attack

"Heart Attack" by Demi Lovato

The second song is "Stay" by Rihanna. In the last chapter I was working on, I wrote the following line:

"Would you stay here tonight? Sleep next to me?" (Sorry, I can't reveal which character says this!)

And then I heard "Stay" on the radio and listened to the lyrics, and again they reminded me of the emotions of a certain relationship in my story, especially this part:

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way
I want you to stay

"Stay" by Rihanna

Come back to the blog tomorrow for a big celebration and tons of giveaways!! You won't want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment