Sunday, May 19, 2013

Music Monday

In this week's Music Monday I'm celebrating music I discovered while watching TV dance shows, specifically So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing With the Stars. I'm a die-hard fan of So You Think You Can Dance and have seen every episode of every season. I haven't watched Dancing With the Stars much recently, but I really enjoy the Macy's Stars of Dance segment they have on the results show, which often features dancers from SYTYCD.

This post was inspired by a song I discovered last week during one of the auditions on SYTYCD. The song is "Clockwork" by Sleeping At Last. I cannot stop listening to it! Here's the video of the gorgeous audition by Taylor Ward, and following is the full version of the song.

Taylor Ward audition on SYTYCD

"Clockwork" (piano version) by Sleeping At Last

The next song is one I heard during the Macy's Stars of Dance segment a few weeks ago on DWTS. It was used in a piece choreographed by Stacey Tookey, my favorite contemporary dance choreographer. Here's the song "Love Me or Leave Me" by Kerli and the beautiful dance performance!

"Love Me or Leave Me" by Kerli

Another song I discovered on SYTYCD a few years ago was "If It Kills Me" by Jason Mraz. I was a big fan of Jason Mraz's music but somehow had not heard this song before. I loved Jeanine and Jason's performance (and Travis Wall's brilliant choreography!) One year later, one of my beloved ice dance teams, Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto, used the song for an exhibition, and it became one of my favorite show programs of all time (I still swoon during the entire final section of the program). Here are both the SYTYCD performance and the skating exhibition!

Jeanine and Jason's performance on SYTYCD

Tanith and Ben's performance at All That Skate

Going back to an even earlier season of SYTYCD, I was introduced to a great song by The Veronicas, "Untouched," when Chelsea and Thayne danced to it. This song is so catchy and I dare you not to dance in your chair to it!

Chelsea and Thayne's performance on SYTYCD

Have there been any favorite songs you've discovered while watching these dance shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment